Picked up a sqhd

bulldog77

Today I got a 1991 model sqhd rear axle.
2beb06294e30316d5158ec2d4ba02f74.jpg

2eb6a1864d9074f49757ed3d9ae778e1.jpg

I haven't tore into it yet but plans are to put it under my 97 eclb. I'm sure I'll have questions and any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my recliner but naked eating Cheetos

Last edited:
Haha...I like your style dude. Drags home a few tables & a SQHD! :clap:
I am curious & need a little education on these axles. What is the mandatory/planned parts upgrade list for these axles when used in our trucks? Same mods for 2wd or 4wd? I know tractor guys love 'em & the aftermarket is there. I have done some looking into parts for them at places like Crutchfield Machine and Performance Pros. Some parts are actually pretty reasonable. Some (billet aluminum 3rd member) eh not so much. I am slowly working towards putting together some of my junk to compete & it seems as though it's better to go big like you have here and save money in the long run. Thoughts?

What trucks did the sqhd come in? I just took a axle out of a chevy Kodiak that will need a new outer spindle. Just wondering if should keep it around

Believe mine came out of a 91 freightliner. Doing some work for a buddy on his 24v and bought me the sqhd as payment. I still have to do a lot of research on them but it's a start and the aftermarket is pretty reasonable from what I have looking at. I did start working on a 4wd truck for pulling but really want to the 2wd thing.

Sent from my recliner but naked eating Cheetos

What trucks did the sqhd come in? I just took a axle out of a chevy Kodiak that will need a new outer spindle. Just wondering if should keep it around

SQHD will have a number castes in the hog head that starts with 5200. More the likely that's an Eaton

Sure they have a couple guys use. HO52 and HV52 are the ones proformance pros list for R&P

Last edited:
Back