First 47re rebuild issues

Downtownbrown

Just finished rebuilding my 47re, it doesnt seem to have 1st gear and when in second and let off the throttle it will lockup the tires and have a bad grinding noise as if it is trying to downshift to first?reverse works fine
Could this be a pressure solenoid issue? A front band issue?
Has a superior shift kit, billet servos and billet strut/anchor and dpc converter

Pulled the pan yesterday and found metal and clutch material, pulled the transmisson tonight and will hopefully get around to disassembling it by thursday to see where i messed up, would front band being out of adjustment cause no first gear?

Torrington in the o/d unit upside down, was obvious as soon as i took it apart, i knew how it was supposed to go, dont know how i managed to flip it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torrington in the o/d unit upside down, was obvious as soon as i took it apart, i knew how it was supposed to go, dont know how i managed to flip it

What pressure do you see with the superior kit?

Disregard that, I remembered you told me you were swapping to a new VB and transgo kit. I’m thinking the same.

Disregard that, I remembered you told me you were swapping to a new VB and transgo kit. I’m thinking the same.

Hopefully ill get a gauge soon, im switching jobs so money is tight. Once i get it ill post everything, superior vs transgo, i also have a dnj gm solenoid i will be using in it

Does yours have any shifting issues?
I have a late 2–1 downshift and sometimes no 1st randomly

That sounds like a governor pressure solenoid issue or TV adjustment

Mine is in a 47rh, it shifts pretty good. Warmed up I seen 83 psi at idle and only 125ish WOT with converter locked. That is with full travel of the tv lever. I figured I would see 150-160 or so. Maybe I’m wrong. I noticed transgo has two springs on the pressure regulator maybe that extra tension is what’s needed to achieve those pressure levels

I had a 47re that wouldn’t want to go to first or would clunk hard into it. It finally wouldn’t leave 1st gear, put the gym selenoid in and fixed it right up.

I’ve done it once before . I was almost done with a build on my 95’ and started celebrating early. I also had the roller clutch in backwards under the 1st/reverse drum.

I had to send the converter out to get cleaned out also. Spendy mistake

That sounds like a governor pressure solenoid issue or TV adjustment

Mine is in a 47rh, it shifts pretty good. Warmed up I seen 83 psi at idle and only 125ish WOT with converter locked. That is with full travel of the tv lever. I figured I would see 150-160 or so. Maybe I’m wrong. I noticed transgo has two springs on the pressure regulator maybe that extra tension is what’s needed to achieve those pressure levels

How many turns have you went in with the pressure screw? Have you tried more?

If you go by the instructions on the transgo kit, it barely makes 130psi. We always went about 4 turns more, ended up with 160 to 170. That's from memory from yrs ago, but I bet is close.

How many turns have you went in with the pressure screw? Have you tried more?

If you go by the instructions on the transgo kit, it barely makes 130psi. We always went about 4 turns more, ended up with 160 to 170. That's from memory from yrs ago, but I bet is close.

Hey Jason, this is with a superior shift kit not a transgo. Going to try transgo this time around though.

I got that part, just saying if you go by the transgo shift kit instructions on the number of turns to go in on the pressure screw, it only makes like 120 to 130. We just turned it in an additional 4 turns (I think) to get the pressure up.

Does the valvebody shift good now, other than less line psi you want?

If so crank the scew in a couple turns.

It made less if not similar pressure with converter locked. There’s a lot more modifications in the transgo kit vs the superior. The truck has a goerend VB now.

Back