Truckers, lets see your rigs!

35? That seems high to me, but if you know and trust it I guess it's probably better than spending 25 for a roached pos. I drive a truck identical to it, 94 379 with a 470, it always ram strong and got good mileage. No nickel and dime b.s. either. I think somebody fiddled with it at some point because it ran right along with the stock 475 and 550 trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

35? That seems high to me, but if you know and trust it I guess it's probably better than spending 25 for a roached pos. I drive a truck identical to it, 94 379 with a 470, it always ram strong and got good mileage. No nickel and dime b.s. either. I think somebody fiddled with it at some point because it ran right along with the stock 475 and 550 trucks.

Yea I thing it's high. I still gotta go see it. I haven't seen it in person in awhile now.

Well... here we go again.
3aa5ea46d21720ab52e5fd098714013e.jpg

Yea I thing it's high. I still gotta go see it. I haven't seen it in person in awhile now.

35 seems high to me as well. My 94 aerodyne is the same power train. If it's a 14613bp trans it's end ratio is .85. My Rick had 3.55 and couldn't figure out why it was 1500 at 100kmh.
The ddec 2 pulls well. It works 8 an 9 axle loads no problems. Don't like wind when your that heavy and the machine is that big but mileage is great. Uses 1 gallon on 20k km oil changes on a motor that's at about 1.8 million kms. Not bad I'd say. Ddec 2 can be tuned fine. You can also swap out the 2 for a 3/4 ecm an a different harness which is cheap. Then your sitting the same. Motors otherwise stay the same with exceptions to different power ratings.

I would expect that truck to be around 30k cad so 26 ish for you. That engine, depending on how extensive owner went, is cheap to rebuild. Doing o/h, reman head, injectors and centre bores was $12k cad including labour.

Last edited:
35 seems high to me as well. My 94 aerodyne is the same power train. If it's a 14613bp trans it's end ratio is .85. My Rick had 3.55 and couldn't figure out why it was 1500 at 100kmh.
The ddec 2 pulls well. It works 8 an 9 axle loads no problems. Don't like wind when your that heavy and the machine is that big but mileage is great. Uses 1 gallon on 20k km oil changes on a motor that's at about 1.8 million kms. Not bad I'd say. Ddec 2 can be tuned fine. You can also swap out the 2 for a 3/4 ecm an a different harness which is cheap. Then your sitting the same. Motors otherwise stay the same with exceptions to different power ratings.

I would expect that truck to be around 30k cad so 26 ish for you. That engine, depending on how extensive owner went, is cheap to rebuild. Doing o/h, reman head, injectors and centre bores was $12k cad including labour.

There's quite a few differences:

- no oil squirters and no provisions to add them
- Bolt on style rods instead of gun drilled rods
- older 2 piece pistons
- 2 bolt thrust plate more prone to leaks
- v-belts instead of serpentine
- old style alternator mount instead of quad mount
- AC mount isn't as good

If you give me the serial I can get you more info on it.

If he's not building big power I don't think that stuff makes much of a difference. None of my 3 trucks have piston coolers. I may be wrong but there were provisions before 99 for them but they were t installed until after 99? Serpentine belt or v belt... meh I don't care either way. The alternator and ac mount I prefer on my ddec 4 for sure.

The truck has a long list of recentish work. I've known the guy for awhile and I don't think he'd try to phuck me, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want too much for it. I know when he rebuilt it, it got a new head, new bigger injectors, bull gear, the works. Newer 13 speed, yards yada.
However I got a lead on one last night that I'm more interested in at the moment.

The truck has a long list of recentish work. I've known the guy for awhile and I don't think he'd try to phuck me, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want too much for it. I know when he rebuilt it, it got a new head, new bigger injectors, bull gear, the works. Newer 13 speed, yards yada.
However I got a lead on one last night that I'm more interested in at the moment.

In Canada it cost me, $3300 for o/h, $2800 head, $2200 injectors, bull gear is $1000. $3600 labour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Does anybody know what those shiny chrome mufflers that look like glass packs are called?

Dyna flex and grand rock make them it looks like. I was thinking it was a different name.

Alright... school me on n-14's folks. I know jack about cummins.
96 model truck is all I know about the engine at this time.

How to make it go faster cheaply lol. It has 450k on it, completely virgin stock. It runs strong but it's boring

Like how cheap?

I always want people to start with injectors, juicing the pump is okay, but that extra pressure with no where to go is hard on the cam.

I had planned on just turning the screw out a bit and fiddling with the aneroid to get a little more pop out if it. It doesn't have a pyro right now but I have one on the way, it's a weird spec, it has nearly every gauge but that one. Do you think a rail gauge is worth it? Also what's your opinion on shims vs springs for the governor?

How is the stock timing on the 531? Slow enough for some more fuel without rattling the heads off?

Back