Who's the best bang for the buck?

Got Milk?

One hook at a time
What company is the best bang for your buck for a good P-pump? A local pump shop gave me and estimate of 3,750 thats for around 500cc and governed as high as 6k, with core charge. I feel that I can get a better price for a pump. Is 500cc enough fuel?

3750 for 500cc is robbery!

What are you looking for, i have a 12mm pump that will do more than that and turn the rpms if your interested

Yeah, i spent $1000 bucks getting my pumps set in the 500cc range. II 13mm race pump is only $3200 exchange. I can buy any pump for $300 to $500 bucks from a salvage company in Springfield IL and for a complete rebuild with all high performance parts for $1500 so 2 grand at the most with no core required. Tim

What kind of cc's should i be looking for? Currently running a Monster pump with a 2.8 charger at 600hp, and naturally wanting more power.

Truely, 500ccs is plenty for a 2.8 charger My 215 on my 98 was flowed at 510cc and it runs my 2.8 hx50 great. I actually backed the timing down and swapped full cuts out for 191's and it still runs 56 lbs boost and didnt snuff at the end of the pull last weekend. Tim

if you do the swap and that monster pump works great then let me know what you want for it. Do you like that pump? Is it really worth it? Is it better the the other ones out there? sorry about all the questions but i want to make sure i get the best pump.

if you do the swap and that monster pump works great then let me know what you want for it. Do you like that pump? Is it really worth it? Is it better the the other ones out there? sorry about all the questions but i want to make sure i get the best pump.

The pump works great! Its got tons of fuel:st:, I just want more rpms than a VP44 could ever dream of. If i could be steered twards a good low cost P-pump, then the pump, matched injectors, and .093 stainless lines will be for sale. I would like to get a reasonable price for it, as I only have a dozen or so pulls on the setup.

Back