Red Glow from stack

Justappumped24v

So finally got my truck buttoned up and running, my buddy and I took it out for a couple of test hits just 0 to 75 and after looking at some footage I have a red glow coming out of my stack around 6in tall it goes away then comes back as the truck accelerates. Not sure what it is. When we got back after 2 runs we shook the truck down wasn't leaking any fluid and was idling fine. During the drive no sounds or strange feelings from the truck occurred. I have seen YouTube footage of drags and have seen a few guys have the same red glow. Before I push the truck harder just want to know the culprit.

So finally got my truck buttoned up and running, my buddy and I took it out for a couple of test hits just 0 to 75 and after looking at some footage I have a red glow coming out of my stack around 6in tall it goes away then comes back as the truck accelerates. Not sure what it is. When we got back after 2 runs we shook the truck down wasn't leaking any fluid and was idling fine. During the drive no sounds or strange feelings from the truck occurred. I have seen YouTube footage of drags and have seen a few guys have the same red glow. Before I push the truck harder just want to know the culprit.
Late fuel possibly. Add timing.

That is fire. You can cook with it and heat with it. Been around for ages. Good stuff!

LOL had to.

What are your EGTs?

edit: treed

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TOUCH THIS PHENONEMON..I REPEAT..DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TOUCH IT!

this thread is worthless w/o pics..I don't believe it

cavefirecrush.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vT-VaMXsAw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vT-VaMXsAw[/ame]

Hahahah not a hood stack it's a bed stack. I'm at 26* of timing currently. EGTs after looking at the data log peaked at 1625 for .75 seconds. Didn't mean to come off retarded but hey guess the was a dumb question but I love the comments made me laugh quite a bit. I'll bump up the timing another 2* and see what happens.

Back