2000 Dodge V10 to 12V conversion swap

I got a few more things completed tonight. The coolant bypass is done. I drilled and tapped the cam for the retainer. And I removed the grid heater and ported the flat edges off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365136904.740734.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365136946.878117.jpg

Here's a pic of my motor before I build the twin setup and sat it in the chassis.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
So whats the purpose of the coolant bypass? My assumption is to get cooler whater to the back of the dlock and head? Just curious but would like to know for certanty or see if i get a get the hell outta here!

When the RPM's are high the water pump is also spinning higher RPM. Thus making a rediculous amount of pressure in the block and resulting in blowing out the freeze plugs. So you put the bypass at the highest pressure point (the rear) and when the pressure reaches 50psi it bypasses to the thermostat housing. Hope this answers your question.

Yep, it sure did but not an answer i was expecting! Wouldnt have thougt the highest pressure would be at the back of the engine! What kinda rpm is one seeing the freeze plugs being pushed out? Sorry for the derail i'll be done now!

Last edited:
I would say anything over stock RPM. I pushed everyone of mine out and my RPM's never went over 3200. I think mine went due to the fact the previous owner never put the dowel pins back in the block when he replaced the head gasket. The head was moving around and boost and cylinder pressure getting into the cooling system. The coolant byalpass is cheap insurance.

I picked up a oil catch can, or oil separator, or PCV whatever today. $55! The fitting weren't on it though. I hope to have it mounted up tonight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366051904.207088.jpg

Back