View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 12:39 PM   #209
97rada

Name: 97rada
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
well some bad news from the long weekend. I was attempting to hit the track Saturday at noon baring no complications. Friday I wired my radiator fan, had rick fox help me with a known good anteater tune for a baseline. At this point the wiring is finished enough to race but not take it on the street. (don't have head lights or turn signals ect). I finished the 2 welds left on my bed bars. The cage is now done and ready for a cert, I do have plans to add (D) bars and a window net after rudys as I do not have time and I think they are beneficial. painting the cage will wait till all bars are done and I am happy. The truck has good brakes now and will hold 20 psi in a staging situation. The turbos are ready to take off much faster then I expected and the converter from phil is perfect. So that was all finished up Friday at 3am. So all I had to do Saturday was fix a ripped tstat gasket, check fluids, trans pressure and go racing.
Went to hook to the new to me trailer and the batter is dead so couldn't lower the hyd jack. Need to attend to battery and lights to make sure all is functioning before rudys. Went to get a jump pack for the battery and finish the race truck. Attempted to test drive and check line pressure and have a binding noise in the front/ possibly the tcase. Only thing I have changed from first drive is I slid the cad collar and tacked the shaft in place. So have to investigate that. Get it on the lift and check oil level. Oil is milky and block test shows combustion gasses.
So now I have a lot to do and very few days left to finish it. Head needs pulled and firerings checked for crush, tcase torn apart and inspected for noise. Testing pass made, lexan cut for rear window and trailer serviced for 1000 mile trip......

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.