View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #110
Shaky93

Name: Shaky93
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezingsystems View Post
Hmmm a 3rd gen chassis with long arms under a first gen. Seems as if I've seen this before. . Nice build.

Few things. As for the intercooler the water bungs look small. Could be the picture throwing me off. I'd run at least 1.25" NPT to move enough water volume to get the best thermal transfer you can to pull the heat from all that air.

Second the use of a trans brake with triples on a mechanical injected motor will cook a trans in short time. Plan to foot brake into boost and only use it when the first bulb gets lit. Max 2 to 3 seconds. You could benifit from using a lil bit of nitrous as a spool aid to get on the chargers quicker. This will extend your time between rebuilds on your trans. Plan for a seriously efficient trans cooler setup maybe use the return water from your air to water cooler to pass thru a water heat exchanger for your trans fluid. You'll need a small fortune in ice during events.

Haha well I Figured why would I try and reinvent the wheel? Your build with old ugly is TOP NOTCH. It seemed like a great place to start, as I was at the limit of a dana 70 and I really wanted a smoother ride. Frame strength was also an issue as you know. I want to go sled pulling some and this 3rd gen frame is 'UGE. Thanks and glad to see you've read through the whole thing!

1) Duly noted, they are 1". I have got to do a little welding on it anyways so enlarging the water ports to 1.25" wont be a problem. I got a smoking deal on this cooler and I needed one around this size so I couldn't pass it up. Would of been nice to have a bigger one but, It will do!

2) I was planning on using one, maybe two of Mishimoto's 25 Row Dual pass oil coolers for the transmission oil. I have got 2 stages of Nitrous to work with and was planning on including a .030 spool jet. I'll keep using the return water for additional cooling if need be. I never thought about that. Fortunately I have a deal worked out to go pick up ice from a couple of local places with commercial ice machines until I can get my own snagged up.

Thanks for the tips Chris!

Last edited by Shaky93; 02-18-2018 at 12:37 PM.