View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #202
Bullrack

Name: Bullrack
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Well that's good to hear. I found a 2011 W900L with a C15 I might go look at so I'm not ready to buy a red boat anchor just yet.

I believe that's probably still a stock Cummins file (just for a different application) so the DPF can stay. Even companies like PDI or BullyDog can write you a better than stock file and leave the DPF/SCR stuff in place if you don't want to spend the cash right away. However IMO the only way to fix a DPF motor is to use a hammer and a box!
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
You just had to go and ruin my day with the pic of those finely packaged parts! I wanted to do the glider deal this time but just couldn't wait, customer driven, you know the deal. This new truck smells new, but it certainly doesn't sound good at all, that's gonna take some time getting used to!

Took off this morning from a stop in 3rd gear with a fully fueled Volvo 460 excavator, wet boot, foot slipped off clutch, it didn't die! Mucho low end grunt!
'03 F350 CrewCab Lariat 4X4 DRW 12V Cummins, P&P head with 60# valvesprings, Colt cam, 4K GSK, 20* Timing, GDS 60mm HX35/HT3b Twins, JGS Ext. Gate, Fuelab, ZF6spd with Valair Ceramic/Kevlar, manual hubs, 3.73's, 5.5" lift w/285 Dayton Timberlines, 2" Wheel Spacers.