View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 03:14 AM   #32
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
Now we're comparing apples and oranges. That 587hp engine will have a different turbo than the truck engine. Keep in mind that gen. engine only ever runs at 1800rpm. It's a lot easier to size a turbo/housings that keeps cool that way. Besides that, "high hp" is a relative term and we're obviously far apart on this one. Depending on what HP it started out as, I've already taken one up to 525hp without a problem. I made the mistake of assuming the op would compare the power to the more common turned up 4mg's that really lay it down. I also didn't want to sound cocky about it; I'm just pissed off because I've been working in rain and snow in a stank mulch field all week!

I don’t want to come across like an a-hole it’s just some of the dumbest mechanics I’ve ever met are factory trained. It’s because they get a continuous IV drip of factory Kool-Aid and they preach it like a zombie. All they know is “factory spec” and anything outside of that is WRONG!!!

The performance market proves that crap wrong daily, you think Detroit and Eaton would approve of turning a DDEC5 to 1500hp and dumping the clutch at 2000rpm hooked to a trailer weighing 100k? They will tell you how you have to change all the internals and complete driveline to turn a 500 to a 550. We’ve become numb to that chit anymore. Leon Smith - YouTube