Here is my 95

What it doing? usually tre trans do pretty good.

Feels like the converter is locked when I am in first but when i get in to fourth the converter will not lock. Tim is good and builds a awesome trans. thinking its a VB issue. I want a manual VB any way so the trans is taking a trip to Darren Morrison soon as we get this nuke back running at work.

paza4y9u.jpg

Nice day Sunday while racing and then Monday snow.

Looks good man, how did you go about polishing the turbo cover and valve cover plate?

6in table grinder with two polishing wheels on it, three stages of polish, start with some course polish with grit in it, then hit it with the blue middle stage, then the finale stage of jewelers polish.

Just sanded down the turbo cover then polished? Did you blast the valve cover first?

yes just sanded it down with a die grinder and started off at around 60grit then stopped at 120 and started polishing. Did not sand blast.

ybe5ydu5.jpg

Trans back from Darren Morrison with a complete rebuild and manual VB
syhuzeby.jpg

Next I will be building the mounting bracket for the shifter, installing the trans will update the pics.

Great times man! So many people never take a 66 to potential, myself included. I would have been ecstatic with that slip

me9uje4u.jpg

This is a screen shot from a video, I think I might have ran it hot/lean!!! I never looked at the egt's when i was going down the track. I made up my mind i was going to give it hell. Flame came out the waste gate dump tube and the exhaust tail pipe.

Last edited:
me9uje4u.jpg

This is a screen shot from a video, I think I might have ran it hot/lean!!! I never looked at the egt's when i was going down the track. I made up my mind i was going to give it hell. Flame came out the waste gate dump tube and the exhaust tail pipe.

It looks to be running pretty clean in that shot, but it may be because of the blurry picture. Either way, adding some fuel may stop that, but I've also seen a few more degrees of timing help as well.

Back