Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #19
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Heaven’s Greatest Delights

ODB RADIO: Listen Now | Download
READ: Revelation 22:1-5

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard . . . the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. —1 Corinthians 2:9

What will be one of heaven’s supreme joys?

Joni Eareckson Tada, disabled as a teenager in a diving accident, has been a paraplegic for over 40 years. One would imagine that her greatest longing would be the ability to walk, even run, free from the confinement of her wheelchair.

But Joni tells us that her greatest desire is to offer a “praise that is pure.” She explains: “I won’t be crippled by distractions, or disabled by insincerity. I won’t be handicapped by a ho-hum half-heartedness. My heart will join with yours and bubble over with effervescent adoration. We will finally be able to fellowship fully with the Father and the Son. For me, this will be the best part of heaven.”

How that speaks to my divided heart and grips my unfocused spirit! What a blessing to offer “a praise that is pure,” with no wandering thoughts, no self-centered requests, no inability to soar above my earth-bound language!

In heaven, “there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him” (Rev. 22:3). May the prospect of heaven enable us to experience a foretaste of that God-glorifying worship even here and now. — Vernon C. Grounds

To be with Him will crown it all!
To see His face—before Him fall,
To feast within His banquet hall;
To be with Him will crown it all! —Peterson.

To see Jesus will be heaven’s greatest joy.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13