View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #12
wildbill144

Name: wildbill144
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I'm about to start my new eng also, from what I've gathered is the same as everyone above, said, a couple things I plan on doing is making a pre oiler to ,well ,pre oil everything going through the oil galley from one of the holes like where the oil press sender goes , that way you know oil made it up top. Plus it'll save the starter. from what we've done in the past with gassers was use break in oil, it doesn't have all the additives that'll slow the rings form seating and it's hi in zddp, we always added a bottle of it also. my plan is to do the cam break in like Zach said , change out filters ( use good ones from the start ).Drive around going through the gears, esp doing some down shifting, putting some back pressure will help the rings seat and wear in both directions, like the first 25 or so miles, then hook up and drag a trailer, I believe going up and down hills and down shifting for some back press, leave the break-in oil for a couple hundred then change it all out . I'm running power driven's oil as it seems to have the most zddp ,which our flat tappets and cam need..Just my .02 this is for street.. drag only motors are a diff story,lol, but like everyone said don't let it idle or baby it, it'll take forever to seat the rings and if you glaze the cylinder's well it prob wont ever seat and it'll have tons of blow by. ... Like I said just my opinion . Oh and maybe check head tq. after the cam break in, I figure I'll at least check a couple and see, if it's good I'll do one hot after a couple miles or so. Any input on that one would be appreciated..