View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #17460
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktllc15 View Post
How hot is your tranny getting? On a longer 6-7% grade mine will run 150-175° and my coolers bypassed.
240-250* on the gauge in 90* temperatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Dad’s truck had the water cooler when it was a 10spd, swapped in the 13spd and put an air cooler on it. Cooler started leaking so I looped the hoses and it made zero difference in temp between all 3 setups. So when I swapped my engines I ordered the $10 block off plate and threw the “cooler” on the scrap pile.

Since the harness I used was for a Pete glider I never got around to moving the gauge wires. They’re virtual gauges on the nav screen. However there are 2-3 other setups identical to mine and they don’t have temp issues so until it starts puking oil out of the seals......

Friend had 9 coal trucks in eastern KY for years and said 90% had the lines looped. So if they can load 50 ton in a bucket and roll through the mountains, mine should live an easy life.

I figured you'd tell me something like that...problem is my driver has a gauge and won't let me take it out now, so I'll have to get more cooler in it. I have asked him 5 times what happens if he backs down a gear and rolls on with no response.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply