What is the hotter burning diesel fuel called?

CanadianCarGuy

I remember hearing about another diesel called either purple diesel or C10 or something like that. Does this ring a bell to anyone? I am looking for some but can't remember what it is called. Thanks,

Could someone that use's this fuel please elaborate?? Sound's good, wondering if it will work well with a lower compression engine. Thank's, Gary

it's a pre mixed perfromance fuel. I bought it through Mac Darnell in Cynthiana, KY. It has higher cetane, and better lubricating properties than regular fuel. it worked well for us but we went back to using Schied's lightning juice.

We had some fuel that the truckers were using up here to keep the egt's higher to keep warm ,,, it was called HAGO ,,, I've never used it but it was a hotter running fuel ??????

I'll ask my buddy about it again and find out what it actually was !!

isn't kerosene D1? can you run that in your truck or will it hurt it? doesn't it just burn hotter than D2?

zstroken said:
Kerosene doesn't have the energy as #2.

Heat energy content as it says in my rating manuals.

This all comes to flash point in Jet Fuel, JP-4(old) was the worse with a flash temp of 90 degrees, it burned hotter and made less power or poorer fuel economy......MPG in a Jet!

Navy JP-5 is the best as it's flash temp is 140-150 for stability on the boat (Carriers).

Jim

I thought that most race mixes where so dry that they would eventually seize up injection pumps?

I know my uncle in Canada has purple diesel fuel in all of his tractors and farm diesel trucks. I am pretty sure that is just the color that its blended in Canada for off-road diesel.

Hotter fuel will make your truck more responsive and spool the turbo quicker. Now if only I could find some in Canada. By the way jet A is pretty much kerosene and it is not a good idea to add it in high quantities to #2 because it thins out the fuel and dries it up. However; it is great to add to biodiesel to thin it out closer to #2.

Back