Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

I feel like since you already have it pretty much wrapped up that you should just stick with what you got till next winter! Would be cool to see what it does with this setup! There’s always time to upgrade ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like since you already have it pretty much wrapped up that you should just stick with what you got till next winter! Would be cool to see what it does with this setup! There’s always time to upgrade ?

Yea I think that’s what I’m gonna do and if it runs half decent I’ll probably end up going to a full tube chassis in chromoly if the funds allow

Been trying to keep busy on the truck. Got the pan bolt problem fixed temporarily. Gonna pick up more fluid today and hopefully test drive tonight. However in the meantime I’ve re did my Panhard Bar didn’t like the way the original one turned out. And I’ve also added a few brave bars to the 4 link aswell as a crossmember. Hopefully have some more pics and videos to post tonight.

The truck finally moved under its own power. After having the on on and off multiple more times fighting the pr valve kept coming off of the roostercomb. Anyways got it all figured out ended up having to use washers to space the slack up but I got it to work. Going to drive it tomorrow. Will take some pics and videos. Did break the tires loose alittle in the garage. Truck builds boost really quick. Was starting to spool by 1600 with the 475 single. Looking promising

What turbine wheel and housing is on that 475? Thinking about going to a 475 on my truck.

It’s just the small exhaust 475/83/1.1. I have way to much fuel for it honestly probable why it’s spooling so easy. Goal is to run a 480/96/1.32 single with spray and as of now it’s looking promising

Anyone ever seen a set of 4ks go way past 4k? Truck only has 4ks in it and last night it went up past 5100 without even starting to defuel. There only two clicks and idle is fine and don’t hang revs or anything. I don’t mind it at all I just don’t wanna keep doing it if there is a issue allowing it to.

Anyone ever seen a set of 4ks go way past 4k? Truck only has 4ks in it and last night it went up past 5100 without even starting to defuel. There only two clicks and idle is fine and don’t hang revs or anything. I don’t mind it at all I just don’t wanna keep doing it if there is a issue allowing it to.

In my experience some 4k's can go to 4500+ no problem. I have also had a set of springs I thought were 4k's and were actually valve springs that were good for more like 5500rpm.

In my experience some 4k's can go to 4500+ no problem. I have also had a set of springs I thought were 4k's and were actually valve springs that were good for more like 5500rpm.

Yea I let off alittle past 5100 it was still climbing and haze was getting thicker so I don’t think it was close to defueling yet.

Looks like I’ll be ordering some dual springs

Here’s some pictures from today of the truck in the sun. Truck shifts flawlessly everything seems to be working like it should. I will post a link later if a burnout video
3ec58e24f3434eef92760497d969bf26.jpg
817ff14f027ef2e9a9d74541538b109d.jpg
02dd42674bcca7e3faf50e4bfca36e25.jpg
52fde2cae6f75ebb13e2fa6345e8500e.jpg

Good deal buddy!

Looked like it comes on the charger quick, I was hoping you would let it grab 3rd and kept it going, ha

Good deal buddy!

Looked like it comes on the charger quick, I was hoping you would let it grab 3rd and kept it going, ha

Yea it does suprisingly being a 75. I’m guessing the head porting helped more then anything. It’s really overfueled aswell. I wanted to grab 3rd aswell but it started down off the bank to the side.

Last edited:
Back