Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Awesome project. Would be sweet to have one huge set of ET streets in the back. Should save some weight too.

Subscribing, on your build.

Also how you like the intake horn? Wondering if your running it.

I could not get the intake horn to work on a vp truck. It didn't have the angle to bring it forward to the ic pipe without an adapter so I just went with an ATS piece. It is currently for sale though! lol

Your best option for mating the t-case would be to get a 29 spline billet output shaft for the trans which will allow your 5-speed t-case to bolt right up and it will be stronger than a regular billet output shaft. If you don't do that you will have to swap the input shaft in the t-case to 23 spline, or find another t-case from an auto truck.

Another thing to think about is suspension setup. Maybe dropping the front about 4" and pulling out all the rear springs except 2 long and 1 short with caltracs. I like seeing your going as far as you can on the vp44 and dually. Good Luck I will follow this one.

Just got the TCI outlaw shifter and dual fan kit from ups and im already playing with the shifter lol
Also met chris in Lexington to get my 72mm. Hoping to get it on tomorrow and see how it runs with the 5-speed still in the truck.

Your best option for mating the t-case would be to get a 29 spline billet output shaft for the trans which will allow your 5-speed t-case to bolt right up and it will be stronger than a regular billet output shaft. If you don't do that you will have to swap the input shaft in the t-case to 23 spline, or find another t-case from an auto truck.

Thanks! That was the info I was needing.

Another thing to think about is suspension setup. Maybe dropping the front about 4" and pulling out all the rear springs except 2 long and 1 short with caltracs. I like seeing your going as far as you can on the vp44 and dually. Good Luck I will follow this one.

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of something like that but maybe not such a big drop in the front. It is not that high up on the list right now though.

We well see what happens. Cause Joel You Marcus and Me are soon to be running pretty similar engines. I want to go bigger and I do want to run a gate. So this could get fun.

Glad to see another truck build, I'd rather see it not made out of one of my favorite truck configurations. I love a single cab dually 4x4, would love to have one to haul with.

Why not sell it and by a good platform to start with?

I could not get the intake horn to work on a vp truck. It didn't have the angle to bring it forward to the ic pipe without an adapter so I just went with an ATS piece. It is currently for sale though! lol

Thats od we have installed them on vp trucks before with out issue. What your price on it. I may be able to help you sell it.

Glad to see another truck build, I'd rather see it not made out of one of my favorite truck configurations. I love a single cab dually 4x4, would love to have one to haul with.

Why not sell it and by a good platform to start with?

He's got a qcsb 01 w/ a 12 valve that runs 12 flats as his daily driver. I think he's going for something different with his race truck build. I can't friggin wait!!!!

He's got a qcsb 01 w/ a 12 valve that runs 12 flats as his daily driver. I think he's going for something different with his race truck build. I can't friggin wait!!!!

I've seen quite a few single cab dually race rigs, most are always fighting weight issues, I'd try and make that 01 faster and start with a good platform instead of building a truck that can't go rounds. Not trying to be negative here I just hate seeing such beautiful trucks that can be used for so much more than to try and build a race vehicle out of them. JMO

goodluck with the build, it's getting to hard to find nice trucks to buy these days to use as a real truck. Everyone's trying to build a race truck.....

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few single cab dually race rigs, most are always fighting weight issues, I'd try and make that 01 faster and start with a good platform instead of building a truck that can't go rounds. Not trying to be negative here I just hate seeing such beautiful trucks that can be used for so much more than to try and build a race vehicle out of them. JMO

goodluck with the build, it's getting to hard to find nice trucks to buy these days to use as a real truck. Everyone's trying to build a race truck.....

Yeah, well maybe if people didn't keep on wrecking them!!! :lolly:
JK Taylor, that was a low blow...
This truck has put in its time. We have been through a lot together and he told me that he wants to be in the spotlight so I'm making his wish come true after being wrecked and worked hard.

That was a low blow LOL I can appreciate that, my trucks been begging to be in the spotlight but it's stored away in a barn till I get the time.

Back