Rotating weight

mulisha

Been running 305/50/r20's with a heavy ibeam wheel from jesse james, approx weight 90lbs... Just picked up some light 18's with hoosiers on them.. Approx weight 63 lbs.... How many tenths do ya think i can pick up in the8th with them.... Thanks.

I've been wanting to run this test on a prostreet truck for quite some time. I'd think results would differ with a lightweight diesel truck (4500 lbs) vs. it's gas counterpart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My buddy just texted me....stock 2017 Ford, 412rwhp. Stock on 37s and 22s......400rwhp. Less of a loss than I would have thought.

I know someone who picked up three tenths in the 1/8th running with emergency brake on in a 3rd gen CR Dodge..

Last edited:
Hahahahaha ^ Did I see the test on a carbon fiber driveshaft here or elsewhere? I know it was on a truck in California. Picked up 7 or 17hp. Interesting results as well

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

My buddy just texted me....stock 2017 Ford, 412rwhp. Stock on 37s and 22s......400rwhp. Less of a loss than I would have thought.

I haven't seen a great correlation between unsprung weight reduction and dyno "gains". Usually the track will show better results. Just my experience.

Tenths is a big term in drag racing. Thousanths or hundreds, are more common with rotating weight changes.

However iirc when we did this same test over 10 years ago I seem to remember .008 -.010 was what we dropped in ET. And gained couple mph... Point is it did help

Well, sort of...on my duramax I would go from running a 12.0-12.1 to solid 11.80s by just switching from my 20s with street tires to pyos and drag radials.

Tenths is a big term in drag racing. Thousanths or hundreds, are more common with rotating weight changes.

However iirc when we did this same test over 10 years ago I seem to remember .008 -.010 was what we dropped in ET. And gained couple mph... Point is it did help

Back