I think I'm hooked

12valvetater

Well after having my truck all these years I finally did it. Just a local 8000 pound street diesel class. I belive there may have been nine or ten trucks altogether and I managed a 3rd place pull. I managed 261 feet which was 6 feet behind second and 17ft behind first. The track always takes a bunch of power so I left the tires at 70 lbs and ran 4th low. No traction bars and I made a set of El cheapo suspension stops the night before. We only had 4 extra weights laying around the farm so the truck only weighed 7280 with me in it but I couldn't be happier. Hopefully I can get the video from a friend so you all can see it.

Your phucked!!! Hope you like PB and J 3 meals a day to fund your newly found pulling habit

Pulling is a total bich. She lures you in by making it seem all fun and stuff. "Oh, im a dependable hobby. Buy the right parts and you won't have to worry."

Once youre committed and you've sold all of your possessions to fund a truck, bam the whole driveline shatters, engine over speeds, takes out the valves and turbo after it spins the mains.

Its a freakin blast. LOL Im just joking OP....kind of.

I've destroyed my front driveshaft 2 out of the 3 hooks I've made, one of which was when the truck was still in the stock class.....

I wish I could say that I was concerned with buying the parts to dependably pull, but no. I don't want to have to think about paying $20 a hook. It is very addicting though.

I wish I could say that I was concerned with buying the parts to dependably pull, but no. I don't want to have to think about paying $20 a hook. It is very addicting though.

The hook fee is honestly better than the gate prices. Around here you pay $20 to hook and whoever is with you gets a wristband to watch.

The hook fee is honestly better than the gate prices. Around here you pay $20 to hook and whoever is with you gets a wristband to watch.

Glad it got better, many places I went they tried to charge me for my kids(2 of them) that were both under 12.

Glad it got better, many places I went they tried to charge me for my kids(2 of them) that were both under 12.

Some pulls they try to make you purchase wrist bands but if you remind them that your class has a $100 1st place payout for you to put on a show they hand you some wristbands.

Some pulls they try to make you purchase wrist bands but if you remind them that your class has a $100 1st place payout for you to put on a show they hand you some wristbands.

Oh trust me I had conversations about this(IE the only reason they are here is because we brought a truck!). The issue really arises when it is a sanctioned organization, as the promoter pays the organization. Then plans to make their money on concessions and entry fees.

Oh trust me I had conversations about this(IE the only reason they are here is because we brought a truck!). The issue really arises when it is a sanctioned organization, as the promoter pays the organization. Then plans to make their money on concessions and entry fees.

100% agree. Some organizations are the problem unfortunately. There is a reason truck pulling is much smaller than it used to be. An organization I will not name demanded the promoter pay them at a pull last year and the organization had 2 trucks for 3 classes. It was pretty disheartening.

You guys have it better than me. $40 and 2 wristbands. Additional bands are $20. And most locations around here are no alcohol, so the little yeti mugs get used often haha

Last year we paid $8 gate fee and then $20 To get into pits. Didn't matter if you were driver or not. Then paid 25 dollar hook fee. Luckily that changed this year.

Truck pulling is horribly addicting. I hook mine when I have spare money to repair anything I may break. I also have my brother with his pulling truck to keep me hooked. Very budget built truck but we've had a blast this year.

Back