Primer Gray P-Pump 1st Gen Build

596_F91_E4_8_E15_42_C0_BA60_AB05_C64_E3070.jpg

0_E5_EDDD4_71_A6_47_AF_93_AA_F34_AC1_F16407.jpg

Getting sidetracked.

Any information about Detroit lockers or True trac for this truck would be very helpful. It spins the passenger side tire through 3rd.

I run a Detroit locker on my drag truck, works as a spool should. It does have that pop, or glitch when they unlock on a tight turn. I've never broken one though, works perfect.

So let’s see, other information you all might find useful.

1. When swapping a piston lift pump in place of a 1st gen style lift pump, (lever style) make sure to put in the spacer that replaces the fuel heater. I cracked the first lift pump because I didn’t put in the spacer.

2. 89 non-intercooled pistons run great with marine 370’s. With proper washers and timing.

3. If you are worried about the stock 727....don’t. It’s impressed me so far.

4. Get a locker or a LSD or some sort.

5. Get a bigger radiator.

There is a fuel heater spacer for a piston style lift pump?

To your #5. I’m running a $300 replacement aluminum radiator from eBay. Figment is good. It’s been going strong for 3-4 years. Engine never gets warm with AC on, loaded gooseneck trailer, and 100* Texas heat. A good fan clutch is important.

There is a fuel heater spacer for a piston style lift pump?

To your #5. I’m running a $300 replacement aluminum radiator from eBay. Figment is good. It’s been going strong for 3-4 years. Engine never gets warm with AC on, loaded gooseneck trailer, and 100* Texas heat. A good fan clutch is important.

Yes. On a 94-98 truck the fuel heater bolts to the engine between the block and fuel pump. It’s bracket that’s about 1/4” thick.

My fan clutch is shot. Waiting on my locker to get here along with a new radiator.

There is no fuel heater between the lift pump & the engine. The spacer merely allows for the different fuel tube that's installed with a piston lift pump.

The fuel heater sits between the fuel filter and the cylinder head.

So let’s see, other information you all might find useful.

1. When swapping a piston lift pump in place of a 1st gen style lift pump, (lever style) make sure to put in the spacer that replaces the fuel heater. I cracked the first lift pump because I didn’t put in the spacer.

There is no fuel heater between the lift pump & the engine. The spacer merely allows for the different fuel tube that's installed with a piston lift pump.

The fuel heater sits between the fuel filter and the cylinder head.

I was referring to a 94-98 truck.

No.
You were referencing a pump replacement on a first gen.
Let me jog your failing memory by re-quoting your inane ramblings -

“1. When swapping a piston lift pump in place of a 1st gen style lift pump, (lever style) make sure to put in the spacer that replaces the fuel heater. I cracked the first lift pump because I didn’t put in the spacer.”

No.
You were referencing a pump replacement on a first gen.
Let me jog your failing memory by re-quoting your inane ramblings -

“1. When swapping a piston lift pump in place of a 1st gen style lift pump, (lever style) make sure to put in the spacer that replaces the fuel heater<Bracket> I cracked the first lift pump because I didn’t put in the spacer.”

Ok, you won the internets. Lol! Let me show you a picture of my inane rambling.

07_AD219_A_3_D5_E_415_E_828_D_47_EF768_CC5_B6.png

Notice the fuel heater bracket/spacer? That’s what I was referring to. Do you see now?

Back