Now what Smarty!?

dangerous06

diesel tech
Ok my great milage is gone getting 15 on the hwy? I'm hazing all the time and blowing clouds at any setting any POD?? Rail pressure is fine power is fine. I know something is wrong when I have it on 3 at 60 POD and can still make headlights dissappear. really smoked that chevy too!!! ON #3! Any idea's?

I would say you have some other problem other than the smarty. I think Taylor has hit the nail on the head. Either not building boost, or a severe boost leak...

Boost is fine but will recheck tomorrow running about 5-8psi cruising, 30+ when floored. it used to clean up but now it's just a train!

i just checked the air filter and it is a little dirty but I have always wondered why S&B used such a small filter. Maybe I need to upgrade anybody have a suggestion on a good filter that seals out the engine compartment heat?

Sorry Bob & Marco! Why is this filter plugging up so fast just cleaned it a month ago!
I use the K&N filter cleaning kit and reoil. Any suggestions on a better filter set up?

More power you make the harder the turbo sucks dirt into the filter. Plus the weather is getting warmer, truck smokes a little more, more dust and particles in the air.

Last edited:
I like s&b and Im pretty sure they make a new setup for way cheaper since you already have their product

Sorry Bob & Marco! Why is this filter plugging up so fast just cleaned it a month ago!
I use the K&N filter cleaning kit and reoil. Any suggestions on a better filter set up?

Using the re-oil seems to attract even more dirt and BS onto the filters causing them to clog up faster on a turbocharged vehicle. Great for naturally aspirated.

I saw one in Florida, I believe a S&B, it was on one of the 3 RED regularcab 12v's running in the race, looked super strong like it would never collapse.

Last edited:
Back