3.0 tire options

2005duramax

Was wondering what everyone was running for tires in the 3.0 class. currently have bfgs in the back with nitto mud grapplers in front but have been seeing allot of nittos ran all the way around. Was wondering if anyone had good luck with the Mickey Thompson mtz or the copper sst or if I should just buy 4 more nittos for back. Some guys say they get to much dirt on sled with that aggressive of a tire juts want some 2 cents before I purchase thanks.

Most everybody around here is BFG all around or BFG in back and grappler in the front. Will depend on the track a bit as well.

Most everybody around here is BFG all around or BFG in back and grappler in the front. Will depend on the track a bit as well.

I agree. General grabbers are also a popular option.

We are just 2.5 but we are going to try bfgs in the rear and mud grapplers out front. Tried it once last year and chassis wanted no part of it. Changed a few things and gonna try it again next weekend.

Nittos are ok in 3.0 class if have the power. But 99% of the time BFG style works the best can run a faster gear and get faster ground speed.

Thanks guys for all the opinions. I originally had genral grapper at2s on it for the start of the season and didn't really like how they hooked at all so I threw an old style of bfgs on it off my other truck and it hooked better. the truck has only 4 hooks on it this year being a new truck just the guys in my class switched to mud this year and seemed to help allot. I am running rears at 30 psi and fronts at 15 if that seems about right worked on the other truck. the generals ballooned way out when I put them on a 10 inch wide rim, they were almost 14.5 inches wide. I have allot of things to tweak yet but I think ill just stick with some new bfgs. We did not have to pull on any hard tracks yet for once they actually have been really nice so once it warms up and tracks get a little harder maybe the nittos wont do as great.

Back