Question about October Houston pulls

Exactly! I, for one, had know clue who he was or that he had anything to do with the DHRA. I asked a yes or no question and didn't get a yes or no answer, but a statement from who knows who.

And the statements went downhill from there.

lubeowner said:
I think if Sled puller would have stated something like this,

"Last year we had a run-what-you-brung outlaw style pull. This year we will not. We are having both pulls follow the DHRA rules. Sorry if this makes any inconvienience but there is plenty of time. Download the rules, and get your trucks equipped properly with safety equipment. See you there."

Well yea, maybe, but then that would be uh, half truths!! Why sugar coat it?

imlemo, I am crushed you dont who Sledpuller is, I guess I've been out of the seat for a while, and you newbs haven't been around around long enough to remember the good old days on the message boards, when 5000 was a lot of members.

You are right about the comments going south, I feel I am owed apologies from several who posted on this thread.

Gene. C'mon now. Get serious. Stop being an asshole. I can't bring my truck. It's too far for me to drive, it's 30 hours. Just not worth it for me. But I will have a dodge neon from Enterprise. I won't know the mods on it though, as you know how those rental car agencies are. Can I pull please?

Let me let you guys and girls in on a lil secret, Pudpuller has a inferiority complex so he has to act all big and bad when in reality and in person he a big teddy bear, basically all bark and no bite:blahblah1:

Show up with 800 Hp and see if you get to pull with no safety equipment, David.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, never mind!!!:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

As anyone even read the rules to see what they need yet?

Gene! I cannot believe you called my rental Neon a trasher. I'm totally finding your rental jitney and spreading the love on that back window... I'm still debating on what to write on there ;) Maybe... DHRA Teddy Bear. lmao.

How somebody as abrasive as Gene came to have a position where he interacts with the public is beyond me. I've been watching him talk trash on forums for years with no real information being passed, just downing everybody to make himself sound better. I think it started in grade school when he got stuffed in his locker. Now he has a little position with Dhra and he likes to sound tuff sitting behind his keyboard. Whether a person is from Texas or not is irrelevant Gene. Texans are pretty friendly but try getting out from behind the keyboard and talking down to us face to face, and you might change your tone on these forums. How would you like it if it was "these darn carpet baggin yanks are comin down here to tell us how to pull a sled " I bet you would have something to say wouldn't you. chill out, act right, and lets get some good information so that we can
1.have a safe pull
2.keep all your teeth in your head

You guy's and gal's just got know Gennie, I get along with Her because I know already She is an A S S H O L E !!!!!!! :hehe:

BBD

The Kentucky pullers have been calling us Yankees since we started pulling with them. It doesn't hurt my feelings.

It amuses me, that several of you, attack me, while preaching that I shouldn't do that very thing!!( which I wasn't):hehe:

Thanks for backing me up Scott!!lmao!!

Sledpuller said:
And we would like you not to kill anyone just for kicks!!!

Safety rules are different for each of the 4 classes, they are governed by rpm and HP. You may need minimal parts.

However, if you have a thread on this site about dynoing 1000 HP, better order a blanket, and some U-joint shields!!

killing for kicks is not my style i gotta be paid :hehe:

safety rules i understand well ! what i was getting at is even though i would like to do a pull for kicks it would not be worth extra cost just to get rigged out so i could pull even if i only need minor items to do it.

and if i had 1000hp i would be one happy camper or should i say racer
my old truck does good to smoke when i punch it LOL .

Good!! Two reasonable posts!! In a row!!
There will be classes both days, plus extra hooks after the classes pull on Saturday, time allowing. You must pull in one of the 4 classes, to be able to pull after they are over.

I'll get details posted as soon as possible. The Danville Illinois pull is this Saturday, and is taking the little extra time we have.

Does anyone have a question on what class they would be in?

Sledpuller said:
Oh, and you are confusing DRAGRACING in general attendance, compared to DHRA as a whole.

Fact: dragracing is not a big spectator draw, Diesel or otherwise.

Fact, sledpulling is, and better yet, DHRA sledpulling has been having GREAT attendance.

No kidding there. I would rather stay at home and watch tv than watch a drag race. Indy there was like 2 people in the stands for the diesel drags.

The truck pulls had just about everybody in attendance in the stands! (like 5000 people)

Last edited:
Sledpuller said:
Does anyone have a question on what class they would be in?

I'm pretty sure I'd be in the Hot, Street Diesel class after reading the rules. But is there a tire SIZE rule in that class? I would've bet money I had seen something before about no larger than a 35" or 36" tire, but all I see in the rules under tire for that class is that they must be a DOT tire and can't be cut. Only the Mod class mentions anything about tire size. Just wanna make sure.

Also, when y'all state all components of the nitrous system must be removed, is removing just the bottle and solenoids ok, or do I have to pull the lines and everything?

I can't help myself... If safety was truly a paramount concern, the ones that should be held accountable and punished are the parents of the participants of this dreadfully boring activity. Call it a helmet, or a safety blanket, or even a scatter shield, but the true violators of safety and responsibility are the mommies and daddies of you backwoods hillbillies who forgot to don a prophylactic while cavorting around the bedroom however many years ago each of you were conceived.

Duke, don't be a hater. It takes huge balls to hook your daily driver to a sled and yank it down the track in a black smoke belching display of redneck power. And for chit's sake, leave my parents out of this. Mom was on the pill, but I said, F that, and snuck right on through - full well knowing that I'd have opportunities like this in life, to give you hell ;)

duke1n said:
I can't help myself... If safety was truly a paramount concern, the ones that should be held accountable and punished are the parents of the participants of this dreadfully boring activity. Call it a helmet, or a safety blanket, or even a scatter shield, but the true violators of safety and responsibility are the mommies and daddies of you backwoods hillbillies who forgot to don a prophylactic while cavorting around the bedroom however many years ago each of you were conceived.

:hehe:

duke1n said:

I hate to continue to muddy the water in this already really weird thread....BUT...
This from a man who walks at events.

We may be backwoods hillbillies, but at least our sh*t runs. Somebody's just mad his mama didn't drop him enough.

As for Gene's sometimes harsh exterior, yet lovable flagging gestures and pre-pull banter: for a sport full of tough guys, y'all sure do get butt hurt pretty easy. Put yourself in the shoes of the poor man who has to organize all of us.

Back