Speed sensor pulses per mile?

BC847

Anybody running a DATA-Logger and knows what the pulses-per-mile is for a 1st or 2nd Gen dodge 4x4 diesel truck?

Setting-up the ISSPRO Performax logger and have a choice of 400 to 200000ppm.

It'd be cool if someone could share the answer so I don't have to spend an afternoon driving, stopping, re-configuring, driving, stopping, re-configuring, driving, stopping, re-configuring, . . . . .

Yes, I did a search, or 38. :banghead:

Thanks guys.

logger-tach-working-now_zpslojvegxd.jpg

Last edited:
How many teeth are on out put shaft for vs pickup?
Tire revolution per mile* gear ratio=drive shaft revolution per mile * tooth count= pulse per mile
GM is usually 40 pulse per revolution

Last edited:
You left out the ratio-adapter on the VSS itself and the VSS on the 4x4 trucks doesn't count teeth on the output-shaft, but thanks. ;)

Last edited:
Anybody running a DATA-Logger and knows what the pulses-per-mile is for a 1st or 2nd Gen dodge 4x4 diesel truck?

Setting-up the ISSPRO Performax logger and have a choice of 400 to 200000ppm.

It'd be cool if someone could share the answer so I don't have to spend an afternoon driving, stopping, re-configuring, driving, stopping, re-configuring, driving, stopping, re-configuring, . . . . .

Yes, I did a search, or 38. :banghead:

Thanks guys.

logger-tach-working-now_zpslojvegxd.jpg

Technically should only take 2 shots to get it. Take a stab, and see how far off you are, then reconfigure it with the proper ratio.

Yeah, that's where I'm at.

The majority of info I'm finding online are about the later speed sensors on the rear axle. Micheal at ISSPRO has no info on the 1st gen dodges (2-wire article mounted to output end of the NP205).

Back