View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 01:30 AM   #12
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Being direct injected the design could be diesel in theory, are you planning on making a billet block and all the rest just off this design?
Exactly. My first plan is to find someone competent enough to get some injectors in place of the spark plugs and hang a pump on it.

Hopefully, with a little luck, it will start up and run. I know I'm going to need help figuring out just what kind of spray pattern to go with. The design must create some decent swirl.

I bought another head so I will get some pics up of the combustion chamber. It looks nothing like a modern diesel combustion chamber so I'm a little worried here. lol

Looking forward, if the little 3.6L does run, I found a 4.4L stroker kit in Europe that will fit in the 3.6 block. I'm not hearing good things about this kit.

I priced a centroid A-560, 5-axis CNC milling machine. For around $250k, I could have the machine setting in my shop. No tooling, just setting there and this money includes training.

With this being said, I can do a whole lot of hand grinding and cutting. lol In actuality, just so long as everything is close enough to final machine work, conventional equipment can be used to finish the work.

Scott Law (Chipmaker) made me realize that simple machining fact. Scott also had a crazy idea to weld a block together. Instead of cutting material away to create the block, you weld one together. I didn't give it much thought until I spoke with a few smaller shops willing to do my cutting for me. As much as I'd like to be able to hire them, I'll never get this thing off the ground spending that kind of money. So, as crazy as it sounds, I'm gonna try to weld a block together. I spoke with a fella who has repaired an aluminum block or two and he said it was genius. We may see. lol

Last edited by Bodacious; 10-28-2017 at 01:34 AM.