View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #42
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Just going to give an update from this week, I've been out in the shop every night except for one working on the truck. I was able to free up the 205 after a little persuasion with a 5lb sledge, once I got it a full revolution, I could turn it by hand. Shifting the rails was almost impossible. I tore it down and started cleaning the hell out of it. My hands have been a reddish yellow for 4 days with the parts covered in rusty tranny fluid.

Everything has cleaned up nicely and once I finally got into the swing of how the rebuild should go, it's been pretty easy, just alot of cleaning and time at the wire wheel and other tools to clean rust and grime off. I installed the idler/center section of gears 3 times, but finally got it right. I've got all of the internals installed and it turns nice and shifts good now. I just need to finish cleaning two end covers and installing new seals into the them, install them and then get the dust covers off two more of the old yokes to install them on the new 1410 yokes.

Once I finish that in the morning, I will be ready to get the mounts for the transfer case built and get it mounted under the truck. I then need to build a spacer between the tranny and the factory dodge trans mount. I also need to install the new 1410 yokes on the diffs and put the trans yoke in. I can then measure for the 3 new drive shafts and get them ordered on Monday.

What is left after that, I need to get the spacer/wastegate t3-t4 flange welded together to mount the wastegate, then I can do my final connect on the turbo to intercooler. Need to figure out the downpipe, the HX40 downpipe I had modified by cutting the bend and making it tighter to fit the vgt turbo I ran last year. After the welding is finished, I can then finish running wires to the fuel pump and electric fan, run the fuel supply and return lines. I then need to build the intercooler to tube intake line.

I think I've got all the parts I've ordered in now, lots of piles of parts to finish the last little items to install on the truck and then it will be ready to start and get broken in.

I'm ready to get this bad boy running and see just how it works.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters