2010 6.7L Add a turbo horsepower

Yotadzl

My brother in law is considering an "Add a turbo" set up for his 2010 6.7L. His ultimate goal is around a 1000 HP (I know, like everyone else). I know the factory VGT is too restrictive and would require at minimum an external gate. My question is, has anyone had any experience compounding one of the modded VGT turbos like the BD Screamer or others? They claim it will support up to almost 700 flywheel HP on is own, so it seems it would work ok as a secondary for 1000 HP with a 80-82 mm primary. My thought was 2nd gen swap and a bigger single, but he wants to keep the exhaust brake functionality and likes the responsiveness of the VGT. Any thoughts?

Oh ok, I know BD does that as well. Thanks for the info. I would still like to know though if anyone has compounded the modded VGT style turbo?

Ya I'm well aware of that issue as well. I am doing them in my shop on a weekly basis it seems like anymore. But good tuning and the appropriate upgrades seem to help.
Blackmega3500, if you don't mind me asking, how do you like the Suncoast Comp68? And how much HP are you putting through it?

Last edited:
Back