HP internal wastegate actuators

Leiffi

Looking for around 35-40 psi actuators, found 35 psi from Kinugawa and Turbosmart, 40 psi from Turbosmart and aFE that looks like Kinugawa. Any experience of these ?

Kinugawa is not offering it anymore. I think Turbosmart is the only option, most expensive but I quess most reliable too.

BD sells HD actuators that are adjustable.I seem to recall that their super B (s300) wastegate started to open with 40-42 psi applied to the diaphram and that was when testing a new turbo on the bench.

The only problem with heavy wastegate actuator springs is that they can put too much stress on the shaft that operates the the wastegate.Then of course higher than stock EGT's only help make things worse.The shaft will twist and then you loose boost more and more as time goes by.

Last edited:
Seems like BD adjustment is just preload adjustment, I can do it with stock actuator but then it will not move much if set very tight.

ever ran a spring gate? they work wonders on compounds and have their uses if set right for a single.

ever ran a spring gate? they work wonders on compounds and have their uses if set right for a single.

No but have been thinking about it. Might work well in this situation, all I need is restrict turbo rpm at higher engine rpms to prevent it exploding itself.

gate flutter is what I've ran into in the past with a single and a spring gate. and why not gate earlier if you are having drive issues or enlarge the gate ports.

gate flutter is what I've ran into in the past with a single and a spring gate. and why not gate earlier if you are having drive issues or enlarge the gate ports.

Exhaust backpressure stays in control, only 7 psi higher than boost. It just spinning too fast at higher rpm and pumping too much air, EGT stays too low. Electronic would be ideal, higher boost at lower rpm, but this ECM does not have that feature.

Back