Fluidampnr

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
Well, I got the Fluidampnr in yesterday morning via FedEx so yesterday afternoon I knocked off work about 4 P.M. and got started on putting the goat back together. Install was really easy, no puller needed to get the old one off, just used an impact to remove the four bolts and wiggled it a bit and it came right off. Reinstall was just as easy other than torquing the bolts down. Put the truck in gear with the parking brake on and got them though.

With everything back together cranked the truck up :bigsmile: Man what a difference, truck idles MUCH smoother, I'm talking Dmaxipad smooth here :ylsuper: Driving it is much different, it revs so smooth it's not funny and running down the road is improved as well. Doug (Jetpilot) was right, there are NO negatives involved with this swap, it's ALL good :woohoo:

If you are modding your ride for performance be sure to include one of these on your want list, they are worth it.

That's pretty cool. I always wondered if they actually worked or if they were just junk. Nice to read some real world feed back on that product. :ylsuper:

I rode in Todd's truck this weekend, the difference in vibration is VERY noticeable. While I'm unhappy to have done it in this way I am very glad I made the swap.

I wonder if it'll make a difference for folks with bad fuel mileage due to a loose or out-of-time wheel?

The internals will thank you :)

I have heard of folks with dual disk clutches actully saying there quiter after the install.

I like mine

BBD

Hmmmm...I might find out about that here in a bit, a DD is on my planned mods list right before the new huffer and sticks :evil

Oh no, who let me on here. The world will now soon come to a catastrophic end.:badidea:
BG you don't need that fluid dampner, you can just give it to me out of the kindness of your heart.:bigsmile:

Zukgod> IIRC it was $390 from Summit, BUT several of our vendors sell them for the same price (I checked). The main reason I went through Summit was the shipping, I had to have it next day air shipped and Summit saved me almost $50 in shipping charges. That is the ONLY reason I went with them.

Wyatt> Soon as you give me a nice shiny spinny whoopdey thingamagigy I'll give you the fluidampnr...deal??? LOL

Harmonic damping is critical on any motor, and especially on an inline 6. I run a ATI dampener, and it was amazing the difference, the “TING TING TING in the front gear train disappeared immediately. I can feel a difference on the ramp up to gear change, where the whole drive line is smother. I don’t like weight, but that was 10 extra pounds I would not do with out. ATI dose make a aluminum hub for a little extra if you want,, this is the one that 100% of all NASCAR’s run , even when other brands are offered free, and ATI charges for them.

Well isnt that just freekin great.

Another dng part for my truck!!
I'm gonna end up bankrupt and divorsed (with one hell of a truck).

dan

Billysgoat said:
Shoulda just stayed single, makes it a lot easier :D
Billy just go ahead and come out of the closet everybody knows..:aiwebs_009: Makin up excuses like staying single jeeze :aiwebs_029: LOL LOL :bigsmile:

JJeepyjohn said:
Billy just go ahead and come out of the closet everybody knows..:aiwebs_009: Makin up excuses like staying single jeeze :aiwebs_029: LOL LOL :bigsmile:

John, if you don't tell what went on behind the camper at the TS race, I won't tell either.......Mr. Hoover :bang :huh::

Last edited:
Naw, we just know each other well enough to josh each other a bit :D

Besides, (in best whiney kids voice) He started it! LOL LOL

Back