got no traction at all

Jeremy001995

diesel mecanic
hey got a ram 2500 single cab 8ft bed. truck weight is around 7000. got almost new BF all terrain Ko2(305 65 17). truck running in the street too.. ive try to put all weight possible in the front rack(about 1500lbs), put in the bed. strapping the rear suspension. playing with tire pressure..(25 front 35 rear, 35 front 50 rear) but i can't have anyway traction.. by here the track are very hard( almost like a gravel road) and they dont put any water..im out of idea of why i can't get any traction... start in 4th low or 5th low didnt do much..

next step will be locking completely the rear end.. and give it a try..

got traction bar..

for now the truck dont bounce at all!

what i can do about that? wrong tires? need more aggresive tires?

gear 3.54.. will maybe swap to 4.10 next year to be smoother on geartrain..

tanks for the help

5th low with 3.54 gears, dang you wouldnt do that around here. Shounds like u have some real crappy dirt.

5th low with 3.54 gears, dang you wouldnt do that around here. Shounds like u have some real crappy dirt.

ya hard as rock.. samething everywhere around there.. diesel truck at the end of the shedule..so the track have been packed up solid..

what would be a good starting point for tire pressure with BFG? was 22 front and 30 rear last pull..track is hard as rock. lower the tire pressure ? 15 front 20-25 rear?

tanks!

Gears and a locker of sorts in the rear for starters
Most definitely. the tire pressure where your talking is minimal it's more on how you drive it. If what you are saying is what's going on you need to ride that clutch. It sounds scary and is but the way you drive it can make a big difference.

If its really about as hard as concrete, try some more street oriented tire. I remember Jeff Dean stopping at Glenford on his way back from the race track, and winning by a wide margin on his race tires! Track so hard tires smoked as they spun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If its really about as hard as concrete, try some more street oriented tire. I remember Jeff Dean stopping at Glenford on his way back from the race track, and winning by a wide margin on his race tires! Track so hard tires smoked as they spun!

I've always said this and got in an argument with a guy about this. Look at tractor tires. They're cut with maybe 1/2" of treat, the rest are flat smooth surfaces. More rubber in contact with the ground = more traction.

I've always said this and got in an argument with a guy about this. Look at tractor tires. They're cut with maybe 1/2" of treat, the rest are flat smooth surfaces. More rubber in contact with the ground = more traction.

thats why bf all terrain is supposed to be good.. they have a lot or rubber in contact with the ground..

that what i have do on the last 2 pulls.. tire was crying like on asphalt with my BF all terrain!! LOL

I have had front tire pressures almost to 10psi on some really crappy tracks

There is a point where there is to little tire pressure in the tires. The tires actually start to concave upwards, leaving only the shoulders on the ground. I think this starts to happen when the sidewalks start to bulge out.

Case in point. My semis I’ve run 20, 25 and 30 lbs in the tires. Best traction is right about 25 lbs, right where the sidewalks start to bulge out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back