Know of any 14 ply or better trailer tires?

4x4dually

Ok. These LT tires are wissin' me off. I've drug my goosneck across the state twice and have blown three of four of these 235.85R16's. Apparently these cooper Load Range E's ain't worth puttin' on.

I have found in town Hankook 7.50 x 16, load range G (14 ply ratting) for $135 each with free mounting. Anyone know of better tires for the price than the Hankooks or has anyone had trouble with them?

What do you guys run on your trailers to and from pulls/races?

:thankyou2:

Ya. If I "stepped up", the Ricksons would be on my truck! I got permission from the "tower" to get new tires for the trailer, but the "tower" said nothing about $3600 for truck tires and rims!!!! :hehe:

4x4dually said:
Ok. These LT tires are wissin' me off. I've drug my goosneck across the state twice and have blown three of four of these 235.85R16's. Apparently these cooper Load Range E's ain't worth puttin' on.

I have found in town Hankook 7.50 x 16, load range G (14 ply ratting) for $135 each with free mounting. Anyone know of better tires for the price than the Hankooks or has anyone had trouble with them?

What do you guys run on your trailers to and from pulls/races?

:thankyou2:

I run these on my protable dyno, and I have had zero problems.
http://www.goodyear.com/rv/products/g614rst.html

I've heard good things on the Goodyears as well, the Hankook sounds like just as good a tire though FWIW.

Lemme know how they do, the house needs new treads as well :bang

im running hankooks on my 02 as we speak man i put them through the ringer everyday i got a good deal on them so i tried them out over 35k on them in the last few months im hooked to 24,+++ in the driveway now run 65 with them all day so there good as far as im concerned

75, 80 sometimes, seems to be the norm around here. I'm wondering if they'll take 90+ temps and 75-80 MPH speeds.....loaded to the hilt.

well ive broken a few laws as we know it an had a lil over 29k on my truck an trailer an i actually watched while i was driving cause i could really feel the load if my truck was a dually i wouldnt care but kinda squirrely down big hills maybe just me

If you had 19.5's like Billy.......29k would be a cakewalk.

I'm sure we have all tried to find that 'great' 16" tire....but....why not get a set of 17.5's and be done with it?

Alcoa makes a 17.5" 8 on 6.5 aluminum rim that will take lowboy 17.5" tires. Its only available as a single, not dual offset.

A local dealer has the Hankooks for $138 each and the other dealer has these tire called Avanti which he said are very comparable to the Goodyears. The Avanti's are $120 each and the Goodyears are $171 each and on back order. The Avanti's are supposed to be steel sidewalled and a very good tire...but hell, they are still imports just like the Hankooks. I hate buyin' foriegn crap when I could support a USA plant, but the dang brand names are too expensive. These are for my farm trailer and I don't want to donate profit from 5 calves this year just for tires. I have a new working chute to pay for!!! Where the hell is the 'got me bent over a fence smilie'.... LOL I do know what to do but what ever the price is bets changing exploded tires while loaded at mile marker 35 when it is 90F+ outside... :bang

Back