View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #46
05_LLY

Name: 05_LLY
Title: Hi Im earth, have we met?
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
Well, I can call FPP at any time just like the rest of you can. I don't have a "gold card membership" so to that extent we're all in the same boat, but I will say that I have always had a good relationship with FPP.

Put yourself in their shoes. Do they have a compelling reason to change for themselves? It's pretty clear that the class works as-is from a production standpoint and the fairs have been getting results that are acceptable.

So if there is some ground-swelling of a shift in pullers' desires, then that needs to be communicated to FPP. I don't know if that has happened or not, or how well it has been handled. But I can tell you that a Facebook Free-for-All discussion is probably not the best way to go about communicating a vision. What that FB thing did (IMO) was create a "you're either for us, or against us" situation and that is almost never the best way to come to an agreement, and quite honestly, creates a lot more enemies than friends.

every current USA east 2.6 member was included in the FB conversation, except 1, he was contacted by phone. all but 2 pullers were for or atleast didn't oppose the rule change. it actually worked better then a sit down meeting like you want, even RJ agrees on that, what are the chances of getting 20 some members together at one time in one place? along with a few members that pull the the EEP and Global series.

I would have handled this in a far different way. But hindsight is always 20-20. In my experience, though, with the truck rules, FPP has always been pretty open and provided a lot of access that is not available at other organizations. This year has been the only exception and maybe we can still have a productive conversation about it. I don't think the fat lady has sung so I hope the dialogue can continue.
Good luck.....

Last edited by 05_LLY; 11-08-2013 at 11:43 AM.