View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
Excursion Project: The War Wagon

Introducing our four wheel drive, diesel, 7 passenger, heavy duty station wagon that does not make me feel like my balls have been forcefully removed. I call it The War Wagon. In this thread I plan to discuss modifications and repairs.

Click the image to open in full size.

2002 Ford Excursion Limited with a 444ci dinosaur divouring, iron headed, hippie hating International noise maker.

Plan of attack:

Chip or tuner - I am reading that the PHP Hydra is the way to go. It can upload tunes from emails similar to most other modern day tuning systems. Much better than removing a TS chip and waiting for it to be reburnt and returned.

Exhaust - I plan to follow a similar route as my last Duramax, straight pipe or install a straight through muffler into the stock system. With the current culture of the diesel world I prefer a more minimalist look.

Intake - I am not sure if this is actually worth upgrading or not with a modest 7.3l

Suspension - The place I feel the most work is needed. This old girl is loose on country roads, bumps and turns. I do not want to raise it at all so aftermarket or truck springs may not be an option. I was hoping that a combination of airbags (rear and maybe even front) with a good rear sway bar might fix the issue and keep the ride height near factory.

Undercoating - I am in Ohio and the Excursion is from Alabama. I plan to fluid film everything under the truck in order to keep it as rust free as possible.

Wish me luck!
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser

Last edited by Bersaglieri; 01-29-2017 at 05:48 PM.