View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 06:02 PM   #25
BRE

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
I would go with 5x014 injectors and stock delivery valves. This will allow a small duration injection event. I would also go no plate but use afc live to tune it. You should be able to dial in a nice 400 hp tune.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw
I like this setup. I ran this setup minus the afc live for years and loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbayes View Post
Stock 215 would easily cover your needs. I would want a gsk in it personally.
No ppump truck should ever be without a gsk. EVER! lol

Quote:
I would think that 5x.012 injectors would be enough for 400 hp. Hell, if PDD sells 5x.012's in their 550hp fueling package and they test literally EVERYTHING, wouldn't that tell you something? 5x.014's would make you smoke more than you want and certainly haze quite a bit.
I would personally never put anything less than a 5x.014 in a truck for any kind of use. I'm not saying a 5x.014 can't or won't haze... But I don't feel that it should. A good quality injector built by a reputable builder, built for what you're doing, will go a long ways.

My personal opinion would be 5x.014, 3 or 4k gov spring, 131 delivery valves. I ran this for several years on a stock turbo 5 speed truck with no plate and a severely piss poor tuned afc, and it did great. Great fuel mileage, never got hot unless you wanted it to.
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Last edited by BRE; 12-02-2016 at 06:03 PM.