View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #30
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue24 View Post
This is a great idea and we will definitely incorporate something similar on the build-up this time around. Now to figure out how to make a simple push button or push-lever that is leveraged to reliably pull the fuel dump and the air shutoff at the same time. It sounds like one of those "in your mind 4 hour fab projects" that ends up taking a full week to dial-in perfect... But I'll gladly trade a week of messing around with the safety activation system if it saves the engine... or driver's life!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MAN View Post
This is what I came up with...On the left is fuel dump right is air kill, if I swing my arm down they fall right on the knobs. I had to use these when the little bracket that holds the throttle return spring broke on me. Its not a good feeling when you lift on the throttle at the end of the quarter and you gain more speed. cant imagine what went through your mind... my air kill shut it off immediately, next problem is no brakes and power steering is gone and your near the end of the shut down.. hard left hand turn of soft slicks, hope I never experience this again...

IMG 4021 - YouTube
For both of you, and any other fast guys... It probably would be a good idea to set it up to deploy the chutes at the same time as well... pulling three levers in the heat of the moment is likely to cause something to be missed while pulling one "oh crap" lever can do it all!!! Would be best with a master and slave setup where they can each be tripped/pulled individually in normal operation then in an emergency the single "oh crap" lever activates the fuel dump, air shutoff and pops the chutes...

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.