View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #210
Bullrack

Name: Bullrack
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
I asked why they have this issue and was told some have wrist pin oiling problems. Due to the lack of lubrication they side load the liners and eventually windmill and wipe out the blocks. One of the things I've ran into when I was asking if I could get one to run as good as my PDI tuned Cats. They said they can make the HP just not sure if the durability is there.

Been told the local big truck salvage yard had piles of ISX's with side windows. I've never heard of anyone ordering a glider wired for a ISX. It's either 70/120 pin Cats or early Detroits.
I had to make this call for the new ISX because I couldn't wait the time it would have taken to get a glider. It was either this or an underpowered Paccar MX! And you know I'm a Cat man! I'm hoping it'll hang together long enough to get deleted and wait for a new glider with Cat Power! I'm looking at a C18 reman right now and maybe step up to a 13 axle rig this time.

JFaulkner: Reckon the oiling deal might be why Cummins steered me away from the 600? They told me to stick with the 550 and have the Marine Division uprate it. They told me the 600's have crap loads of problems still!
'03 F350 CrewCab Lariat 4X4 DRW 12V Cummins, P&P head with 60# valvesprings, Colt cam, 4K GSK, 20* Timing, GDS 60mm HX35/HT3b Twins, JGS Ext. Gate, Fuelab, ZF6spd with Valair Ceramic/Kevlar, manual hubs, 3.73's, 5.5" lift w/285 Dayton Timberlines, 2" Wheel Spacers.

Last edited by Bullrack; 03-17-2012 at 07:54 PM.