View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #46
Redrider2911

Name: Redrider2911
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
So these are some of my goals. Let me know if you think these would be useful and any other suggestions you might have.

I was thinking of using the TCC lockup as kind of an in-between gear on every gear, tuneable to engage and disingage at multiple MPH points. So it would be like 1st, 1st gear and lockup, 2nd gear, 2nd gear and lockup, 3rd gear, 3rd gear and lockup, 4th gear, 4th gear and lockup. Essentially turning it into an 8 speed with close gear ratios. Think this would be useful especially for fuel mileage purposes.

I also want to be able to flip a switch in the cab to go to "race mode" where it would lock the TCC in the top of 1st or bottom of 2nd and stay locked throughout all the shifts. When in race mode it would also pull up a separate table for higher shift points.

My last goal is to make it where when slowing down on the brakes, it slides all the shift points over for a more aggressive downshift with locking the torque converter at every gear and unlocking for the downshifts.

This all seems pretty doable and i believe these features are useful, can you guys think of anything else i am missing?
49 Willys Pickup. 5600lb. 11.8sec @115mph 1/4. 12 valve. MegaSquirted 47RH. 3.54 posi rear. 35" tires. 64mm HE351ve, S475 (75/96/1.32), A/W Intercooler. AFC mods. 5x16s. 191 DVs, 180 pump. 23*. 85psi. Build Thread