For all u twin turbo guys

torqueman

I've installed a set of stainless 58/475 with billet wheel on the 475 on my 98.5. What I'm looking to hear from other people is what kind of turbo pitch u r hearing from twins. This set sounds almost the same as my stock hx35 without the ring but louder. I was expecting a more deeper whistle alittle disappointed. But the kit spools awesome and runs hard. I wouldn't change the setup because of that. Also when I take truck on interstates at 80-85 mph its sitting at 10 psi and singing pretty loud pretty annoying on a long trip. Anyone else experience this with your setups. Thx.

I used a stock air intake baffle from a commonrail to quiet down my billet 475. It was a perfect fit for my intake size which was 5”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a silver bullet 62 and a s475 with a billet 11 blade wheel. I have the air filter directly on the 75. The only time I hear them at all is around 20-25 psi. It's a nice quiet song. Anything over or under 20-25 psi all I hear is the engine grumble. Even at wot, 75-80 psi they are silent atleast inside the cab anyways. Cruising at 80 mph, I make roughly 20psi with about 7-8 psi from the s475. It's amazing.

I put a billet wheel on my 62 and it's annoying loud , I'm used to it now so not so bad but the looks I get driving down the road are pretty damn funny !

6 blades are loud are $hit!

Huuuge sound difference when I put this 7 blade billet 488 in place of the 480 billet 6 blade. Looking at the boost gauge at cruise seeing 10-15 you'd never know based on the sound being practically non existent. 70psi is a difference story..... yet still no where near as loud as the 6 blade 480.

I'm running the standard wheel on the 58 & 5 blade mafia on the 475. This set spools awesome but crazy loud hi pitched.

The 5 blade the cause. If you throw a race cover on it that "should" muffle it some.

I have talked with Johnny and that's what he's recommending a different cover on the 475. I just thought the two turbos would sound a lot different not like a screaming hx35. I was used to the different tone of my ED 63/68/14. Thx for replies.

I ran a Scotty II intake on my hx35 which pulls air from the windshield cowl area. It was annoyingly loud in the cab. My twin setup sounds more like a jet engine than a oversized leaf blower like my hx35 did. I'm running a 7 blade billet wheel on my s475 with a short 45 degree bend to a 12" long filter. If I had to name the difference I would say the hx35 sounded tinny and higher pitched comparatively speaking.

htt 64 71 13 with a box stock s480, intake is down kinda buy drivers side headlight, whisltin dixie but I like it.

Best sounding turbo I ever had was an HX40 with the 60mm 6 blade compressor wheel. It was absolutely ear splitting and I loved every minute of it!

Thx for the replies everyone. Do u guys thinks that all the whistle comes from the turbos come from the air filter. I was thinking of trying some kind of baffle what u guys think.

Back