billet input shaft test.

Rich Buckley

Opie shaft twister
all 3 of these shafts were in the same truck with same motor, tranny and rear end.

opie shaft (left) made 1 spool up.
TCS Canada (center) 19 or 20 passes
Sonnax (right) 3 passes sofar

Attachments

• 0517002057.jpg
    0517002057.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 648
  • 0517002056a.jpg
    0517002056a.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 555
That is pretty crazy! It is cool that the Opie twisted as oppsed to shearing![/QUOTE]

but it would have broke if i didnt pull the converter after the 1 spool up to change the stall.

The sonnax shaft looks to have larger feed holes, do you see that as a potential weak link or is there plenty of meat there to sacrifice for better flow?

I wonder if the reason why few break Opie inputs is the fact that his material and or temper is more elastic.

I need a good "broken-in" input for the Junker Drag Truck, you wanna sell that Opie shaft cheap? Probably not, that's a cool piece for a wall-o-shame!

Yes, the converter was VERY loose, he launched and locked. The converter never "coupled up" before lock-up. I am certain that any of those shafts would have broken or twisted at best the way he pulled that thing back. A fair test would to see how the other shafts woud look after a simular launch.

was that the opie fat shaft?

Hell No! Have you seen them side by side....It's impressive!

I broke my Sonnax Input with less HP a while back......Went with Opie and was making approx. 50-60 more hp and my Opie shaft looks brand new and straight!

I'm Just Sayin!!!! =)

Back