changing pattern from cat to john deere controls

1066farmall

i have a 2004 210 volvo excavator and wanting to know if anyone on here has/or knows how to change the controls from the cat pattern to john Deere.

thanks for any help!

thanks ill give it a try! I was reading and found to change the two out side houses for the sticks, long story short it was wrong.

Instead of changing the hoses at the controls, I found it easier to follow them back and switch them on a manifold. This was on an old machine. On some newer stuff, it may be as easy as operating a valve somewhere.

A 2010 might have a valve or switch you simply just turn or flip in the cab or on the top of the control valve. If not try to find the control valve. What model of excavator is it? If its a zero tail swing its prob on the right side of the machine close to were you walk up on top of the machine. (at least thats were most the komatsu's are.) If its a traditional tailed machine its prob close to the cab. All also depends on size of machine. Pm me more info. I am a heavy equipment mechanic and can dig into this more for ya. I know some mechanics that work for Rudd a volvo dealer. Ok im a idiot. On edit I see its a 2004 model that's a 210. I'll try and find out for ya. I bet you have to switch pilot lines or control valve lines. To bad you don't have a service manual or book. Most will tell ya how.

Last edited:
Back