Medium Duty Vp44 24v

Peterson

Hey guys, im going to be using a MD vp44 5.9 from a 2001 Freightliner school bus in a swap and have a few questions. Its a 205Hp model with a allison behind it. Can a guy just remove the allison and swap a manual behind it and not need a ECM reflash? Also can one have this engine Uprated to the 275Hp program? ive also heard of a 300hp and 660ftlb program. I know they usually have different injectors and turbo, but anything else? I could just swap to the dodge ECM and go that way, but id like to see what i can do with the MD ECM first. Anyone have a ECM pinout for then MD ECM's? Couldnt see any numbers on the ecm, but same CPL engines online i see have the CM550 iirc.

Any help would be great guys!!
Thanks in advance!!

Tyler

Send me a PM I have the Pin out for both eng and chassis side ECU I can track it down to night. I also have a VIN for a Freightliner that is the 325ish hp that from what I read you can have Cummins flash into the MD Ecu. I never tried it but I know people that have.

PM'd you. Thanks!

Send me a PM I have the Pin out for both eng and chassis side ECU I can track it down to night. I also have a VIN for a Freightliner that is the 325ish hp that from what I read you can have Cummins flash into the MD Ecu. I never tried it but I know people that have.

Back