View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #37
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Just wanted to post some updates:

I had a minor snafu with the transfer case I was going to get, turned out to be a Dana 24 instead of an NP205. I managed to track one down for a decent price yesterday after calling about 40 or 50 salvages it seams like. I get there to get it and it's locked up. Took the cover off and it's nice and rusted up. I ended up picking it up for 50.00 from the guy instead of the 300 he wanted. I dumped 2 quarts of ATF into it and let it slosh around the rest of the day in the back of the truck. Took a sledge to it last night and have it fully freed up now and turning like it should. I'll put the rebuild kit in it tonight with new bearings, seals and gaskets.

My 1410 yokes should be here today, once I get the transfer case rebuilt, I'll be ready to build the mounts for it. Hoping to get that done this weekend so I can order my driveshafts monday morning.

I have the wiring pretty much done on the truck, I still need to make my 12v to 5v converter for the tach sensor, hook up two sensor wires to the switches, run the wires to the fan and fuel pump in the back of the truck, and wire in the trans brake.

For the engine, I need to weld the pipe to the turbo adapter for the wastegate, and weld it to the wastegate flange, need to get a 2" to 1.5" reducer in stainless to make it work. Once that's done, just bolt up everything on that side and it's complete. I get the pipe tonight for the other side of the intercooler plumbing, need to fab it up this weekend as well to get it setup.

I need to pickup a yoke for the TH400 this week, everything will be 1410 u-joints except for the trans yoke, can only get 1350's for it.

I built a stand for my fuel cell this weekend, raising it up 8" so I could mount the Airdog inlets below the sump level. I used the hole in the bed I had the sump sitting in the have room for the filters hanging down. This will keep most of the mud off of the pump, if time permits, I'll probably cut out a cover to fill in the rest of the hole so it will reduce most of the mud coming up from there.

Once we have the transfercase mounted, I need to build a spacer for the TH400 between it's mount on the trans and the factory dodge auto crossmember, we were going to build one, but we decided this would be easier and work well with driveshaft angles. I can also then finish running the fuel lines and wiring once the welding is done underneth the truck.

I still need to add fluids and finish hooking up the radiator and then it will be ready to start.

I'll try to post up some pictures from the progress so far tonight when I get home since I can't acces flickr from work.

It's going to be down to the wire getting this thing finished for the first race. May have to take a day or two off for some more shop time.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters