General waste of my time

I have been keeping track of the weight of this truck. Mostly because if the truck stripped down isn't under 20k lbs I wont be able to use it as a pulling truck.

So I have good news! Removed the lift axle and hoist today. Truck now weighs in at 19100lbs. Looking like it might just turn into a puller for our local points class!

I see your profile pic is a forage box, do you have straight trucks with forage boxes on them?
We have always just used big aluminum dumps for silage

I see your profile pic is a forage box, do you have straight trucks with forage boxes on them?
We have always just used big aluminum dumps for silage

We have tried hauling silage with our dump trucks but it's honestly not worth the time. That forage box pictured can haul what would take 4 trips with our dumps and that is being conservative. Also, so much more efficient for the choppers if the box is bigger.

maybe I should ask in the lets see your rigs thread.

Are there any rules to the antrim dyno days for the semi's other than they are supposed to be daily work trucks?

maybe I should ask in the lets see your rigs thread.

Are there any rules to the antrim dyno days for the semi's other than they are supposed to be daily work trucks?

Not really. They say no "race" trucks. Thinking it has to do with gearing and such in the transmission. There is plenty of discussion and argument on the Trucker thread about wheel speed and hp numbers. They don't want you running OD on your dyno pulls.

I've dynoed my truck there with my pulling hitch on the truck.

Is the truck ran manually on the dyno or do they plug in through the ecu and run by wire?

Other than no injectables are there any other rules such as limiting rpm?

Is the truck ran manually on the dyno or do they plug in through the ecu and run by wire?

Other than no injectables are there any other rules such as limiting rpm?

Electric motors are ran by the dyno. The dinosaur motors they attach a sensor to read engine speed and the operator runs it.

Electric motors are ran by the dyno. The dinosaur motors they attach a sensor to read engine speed and the operator runs it.

Interesting. How is an electric motor run by the dyno? I thought they just plugged into the tach wires and ran it like driving down the road.

My tach wires did not have a plug on them, so the operator had to rely on my tach when making the runs. I got wheel RPMs from the dyno and had to do some math with my gear ratio and tire size to get engine speed.

Interesting. How is an electric motor run by the dyno? I thought they just plugged into the tach wires and ran it like driving down the road.

My tach wires did not have a plug on them, so the operator had to rely on my tach when making the runs. I got wheel RPMs from the dyno and had to do some math with my gear ratio and tire size to get engine speed.

Dyno runs the throttle through the diagnostic port. They run it up to max rpm in direct and he hits start on the screen.

Dinosaur? As in anything yellow:blahblah1: Red ftw:poke:

Yea all those 1k+ HP ISX’s there every year gets old lmao.

I guess he would also tell you it’s impossible to lower EGT’s by adding fuel too and we know that’s also BS.

Back