Thanks A1 studs!!

kalder

Kevin Alder
Well there went a head gasket :(

21E85D3B-A31A-4B73-A324-3679D5A37754-11269-00001392BDB610AD_zpsaabbe68d.jpg

Mine did the same thing. I contacted them and they sent me out new nuts free of charge. Mine were the 9/16" 12 point that cracked and the new ones that they sent me were 5/8".

what was it TQ'd to?

8UPRACIN, who did you contact? Haisley?

Ron, you coming over to play Santa this year? If so, I'll give you a list. I can think of all kinds of things that could come out of your workshop!

I am gonna throw a stock bolt in there for now. The coolant seems to be coming from around the stud, so hopefully it'll seal back up.

*fingers crossed*

Last edited:
I got a hold of A-1 directly. Their number is on their website and they shipped me out some new ones within the week. My studs were 3 years old I think and they took care of it with no hesitation! Great customer service!!

:shake:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:shake:
:lolly::lolly::lolly::lolly::lolly:

STFU

Go fix your wife's SAAB.

I got a hold of A-1 directly. Their number is on their website and they shipped me out some new ones within the week. My studs were 3 years old I think and they took care of it with no hesitation! Great customer service!!

Good to know. Thanks!

Last edited:
First off I want to say sorry to Haisley Machine and A1 Technology. This thread wasn't titled well. I was upset at my luck, not with either vendor. Nor was I trying to bash anyone.

Secondly, I want to thank Brice and Patty at Haisleys and Don at A1. I bought these studs from Piers 3 years ago, and these guys didn't bat an eye at replacing them for me. Even after an accidentally offensive thread was posted.

Thank you!!

Yes Don helped me too! Top notch customer service with no questions asked either! I'll be doing business again with them on my next build as well!!

Wait till the stud breaks and shoots up and embeds itself into the hood insulation...lol Yes that happened

Had that happen also about a month after install. Set it back and they checked it out and set me a new one. They checked it out a determined that it was most like not lubed enough or over torqued. Either way they stood behind it and replaced it free of charge. Still have a little dent where it hit the hood, looks like someone shot it with a .22!!

Wait till the stud breaks and shoots up and embeds itself into the hood insulation...lol Yes that happened

Yep seen it happen to VMax's truck at the world finals. Truck was sitting there not running and herd a pop. This has happened to a few people. Upside for Max was he got a ARP sponsorship on the spot LOL.

Back