NV4500 fluid?

mech2161

I have a secret.
What does it take?

This is what it calls for.
MOPAR Manual Transmission Lubricant, P/N 4874459

I have also heard that the amsoil version of it(MTG 75w-90) works just fine. I am getting ready to put it in when I drain mine and add fast coolers. $12.85/qt. sure beats the $20+ my dodge dealer wanted, especiallt\y when it'll end up taking ~7.5 qts.

I would recommend the Mopar fluid. Local tranny shop started using the amsoil and has used a couple other brand fluids and he said he doesnt know what it is in the mopar but every other fluid he has tried has caused the clutches to come apart in the tranny. He said since he went back to the mopar he hasnt had anymore problems with the clutches coming apart and the fluid was the only thing changed in the rebuilds.

running the amsoil for 3 yrs now and no issues been told that you can use any GL-4 rated or higher synthetic oil. i would stick with the dealer type or amsoil.

I would recommend the Mopar fluid. Local tranny shop started using the amsoil and has used a couple other brand fluids and he said he doesnt know what it is in the mopar but every other fluid he has tried has caused the clutches to come apart in the tranny. He said since he went back to the mopar he hasnt had anymore problems with the clutches coming apart and the fluid was the only thing changed in the rebuilds.

I don't know about clutches inside a standard trans.. but from what i've seen and experienced first hand... if you try to be cheap with the fluid the syncros will burn up.

Well im not sure if it was the oil or not in mine but i have ripped the teeth off of 5th and now 3rd on friday, gonna do full rebuild and use the mopar stuff and see what happens.

i used castrol syntorq on mine

still expensive, but its what standardtransmission.com sent me for my 4500 when i bought it off them..

Rick

Over 200K in mine with the Amsoil. Everything looked good when I put the new shifter top on in September.

Scott

What I have used with no issues

AMSOIL - Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90 (MTG)

mtg_qt_350pxh.jpg

Back