Batteries.

99GreenCummins

That guy....
Time for new batteries. Current ones had a production date of 9/04. Getting weak on a good day and after 2 days of sitting in 10 degrees it won't start.

What everyone recommend? Currently has a set of yellow duralast batteries. Was debating going that way since these lasted almost 10 years or switching over to an optima battery. We run all interstate batteries in our farm equipment and have good luck with those which throws a wrench in my thoughts.

All opinions welcome.

Seems like the newer interstate batteries are crap. My friend swears on the optima batteries. Napa gold have been good to me. Walmart battery. . No. Duralast gold lasted 10 years in my other truck too.

XS power or Sears platinums. They are both expensive but worth every penny. I just put the platinums in my truck and no more worries about leaking. Also they have a 4 year warranty.

Walmart are made by Johnson Controls. They also make Sears Diehard, Mopar, and several others. My originals lasted 9 years. Now I have 2 from Walmart.

I've had the best luck with Duralast, but next time ill probably just get some cheaper ones. They all have a three year warranty and all go bad.

I've just been using walmart batteries lately. We've got so dam many trucks to keep up with the heavy duty walmarts are about the cheapest and do a pretty good job. Even have a three year full replacement then pro-rated after that but I've never had to warranty one.... yet

I just put two AC Delcos in my truck and they have TONS of power. Even when it was -24* and I wasn't able to plug in my heater they barely flinched.

I think they are another Johnson Controls brand. They were $15/piece more than the Walmart equivalent, which to me is worth it to not give my money to Walmart.

I was looking at some of the re-branded Odysseys but was told AGM technology isn't what it's cracked up to be, especially in cold temps.

I have run Napa gold for 4 years now with no trouble out of them. I agree that the new Interstate batteries are not the quality they used to be.

I loved the Napa Golds I had in my trucks. We also use those in our fire house.

Those with Walmart Neverstarts, I've had to warranty 3 ranging from my in laws to my own. While it's great warranty, the hassle isn't worth it. I will say though I didn't use the full size batteries, just ones for ATV and motorcycles.

I won't run anything but AGM batteries. (No corrosion on terminals)
Presently Optimas...the tray I built only fits them, so I will have to change the next time around)

I want to try the Odyssey batteries next time.

I am currently running a single xs d6500 in the car, sits for months at a time in the cold and never fails to start it. Recommend them over Odyssey, also they make a huge variety if sizes to fit anything you have.

That's the kicker.. 312 shipped, but i don't have the space to run 2.
VMax just went to a single xs,
Definitely something to think about for power, reliability, weight and space savings... And the d6500 will dump 3900 amps in a single shot if you let it, or need it to.

Back