NEW Garmon's Tranny Cooler, Spin On Filter, & Pump System!

Sweet, thats exactly what I'm looking for, want rid of the lines and crap going up front, thermostatic control of the fan and oil flow would be the ticket.

thats an awesome idea! not a new one - but awesome just the same...

questions:

1) in most vehicles if the thermostat is removed (for the engine cooling system) the coolant will many times flow thru the rad too quickly. so quickly that the cool air passing thru the fins will not have time to absorb the heat of the fluid passing thru the tubes (the car will overeat). what measures are being takin to ensure that will not be the case here?

2) of what design are those fass pumps? hopefully not sliding vane! you prolly already see where i am going iwth this ques jeff? (how much of the coolers cooling capabilities will be canceled out by the heat from the pump?) not much i hope cuz i am loving the idea!

3) that is the fass with the internal regulator, correct? what will you regulate it to? (how much pressure?) which leads to question #4:

4) iirc brad gets close to 5 bills for that pump so this option is already lookin like its gonna run close to a grand - what about including (2) accurate pressure gauges? one right before and one right after your spin on filter? (forgot to ask what micro that puppy is, what is it?). regardless, with the bypass in the pump rather than after the cooler having the two gauges would let the end user know just what condition his filter is in. i think that would be almost mandatory in this system, what do you think?

finally (i had more but the meds are kickin in) what type of media are you planning on using for the filter? the paper/gauze elements are cheaper but i think you would be better off offering it with a stainless mesh element. those are cleanable and will last the life of the vehicle. there are plenty of outfits making them these dayz but i have yet to find them in custom dimensions for much under a hundy ea

only other question/suggestion would be a ball valve between the pump and filter (or even the sump and the pump - but we both know that is a potential or pump failure for any forgetful customer. but it also would mean that if your filter is of finer design than the factory paper filter that is in the sump that the customer would be able to isolate your filter housing for element cleaning if by chance ur filter needed cleaning before the trans needed service

lemme know what you think - i am a big boy so if you think any/all of my questions/suggestions are retarded go ahead and say so - i can handle it

the hippi

Is the additional pump also intended (and designed to) alleviate any increased pressure drop in the system due to the extra filter?

Is the additional pump also intended (and designed to) alleviate any increased pressure drop in the system due to the extra filter?
The pumps purpose is to circulate fluid through the filter and cooler with out being in line with the normal tranny lines going to the OEM cooler. This is a separate system to complement the OEM cooler.
Billy

I'll have to get Jeff on here to let you guys know...Or I'll ask him and see if he wants to me to post up....

What are the specs on the cooler system? Like fan size, cooler size, brand?
Swole can you pm me a price for the whole system?

Wow.. Very funny this got bumped today... i was Just thinking about it today myself..

I need to get with Jeff on where he is with this...

I should be down there Wed. Or Thurs. , I'll check...

Wow.. Very funny this got bumped today... i was Just thinking about it today myself..

I need to get with Jeff on where he is with this...

I should be down there Wed. Or Thurs. , I'll check...

Cool thanks, really really need a cooler setup, so if the price is right.....

Talked to Jeff and he's not pursuing it right now... He's just got too much going on that more import..

Tranny's just are the main focus...

Sorry Guys... I'll keep ya'll updated if / when he gets back on it.

Back