View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #1
coorsman2005

Name: coorsman2005
Title: i like beer
Member`s Gallery
Bought my wife a 14 ecodiesel

Hey guys found a super clean 14 eco. Bought the Truck for my wife so we can ditch the Tahoe.

After some reading getting it ready to do my servicing so I know everything is correct. I learned something. The trans filter is made in the pan and it all has to be replaced. Well I’m going to be ordering the ppe pan with replaceable filters.

Something else I noticed when watching a video how to service the trans. In the video the guy points out a temp bypass valve mid ways in the cooler lines. This just seems like a trans killer to me when it fails. It’s supposed to return the fluid back to the trans until the fluid hits 160 degrees. Then it opens up and flows to the cooler. Personally I’m debating removing it and just putting lines at where the valve is. What’s wrong with the fluid flowing when it’s cold just like the old vehicles.

In my opinion it kinda seems like the check ball that is supposed to keep the fluid in the cooler in the 48re and other mopar tranny’s. That we drill out cause the ball can get stuck and burn the trans up.

Let’s here the thoughts on this.

Also the truck will be getting deleted in the near future using calibrated addiction tuning. Prolly just put 30hp tune cause just doing it to lose the emissions not worried about power at all.

The last thing what engine oil are you guys running.

Sorry for the long post but let’s hear your thoughts.

Last edited by coorsman2005; 01-13-2018 at 03:27 AM.