View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #5
Mooner1

Name: Mooner1
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
We loved (and sorely miss at times) our '14 EcoD. Between it's versatility, efficiency and being an optioned-up work truck (tradesman, vynyl flooring, ram-boxes, tow-package, etc) my family got more "utility" out of that truck then any other vehicle we have ever owned.
One time, the whole exhaust system just fell off..hehe. To remedy the situation it received a PPEI 60hp/150ft lb "race" tune, Edge CTS, half and half Flo-Pro/MBRP exhaust system,(3" Flo-Pro Turbo back to a previously installed 3.5" MBRP dpf back system). Those mods gave that little motor a whole new personality, (read Dr.Jeckyl and Mr.Hyde), it sounded amazing, and got even better fuel economy 30+ hand calculated mpg if one behaved. I used Lubrication Engineers mono-lec 5-40 almost exclusively as soon as the factory fill was dumped. Only odd thing I recall with that truck is that the motor "liked" its oil level right at the add mark. If I filled it to the full mark it would use it up in about a week or so..right down to the add mark and then just stop right there. If I filled it up to just the add mark it would never use a drop of oil between changes. Keep the fuel filter changed every 2-3 oil changes and it'll be happy. Great truck. Hope you have great luck with yours.