2000 dramax injectors

Ryan Tucker

Do it Dont talk about it.
Buddy's having hell with his 1 ton truck where's the best place to send his factory injectors to have them gone through. All bone stock truck with only around 80k miles. It's lost power, surges, lopes at a red-light only sometimes, millage has dropped to like 10 mpg from 18ish. Tow rig only. Injectors have a noise that comes and goes, they can go quite at times and rattle like he'll most of the time. I was thinking injectors or maybe the regulator on the CP pump......but I'm a 12 valve guy, so what is it most likely. And thanks in advance.
2000 Chevy 1 ton dually.

Ryan

Last edited:
If its a 2000 then its a 6.5, not a Dmax. You sure about the year?

The lope is probably the regulator like you said, but you should really put a Tech2 or Solus on it and monitor commanded/actual fuel pressure to make sure.

Mileage drop, lost power and rattle all sound like injectors to me. Again, need to check things out with a scanner and do some tests first.

Unless the injectors are something over stock, best bet is to just buy a "new" set and send the old ones back as cores. Lincoln Diesel Specialties has an excellent reputation and good customer service. Otherwise, Exergy is a good choice for testing them. Im not sure if Innovative (smokem) does Dmax injectors.

Thanks, maybe it's a 2001 then but it's a Duramax. Exergy is most likely where they will go. I will dig up thier number and pass it along

Back